How to Style a Powder Room
If you’re lucky enough to have a powder room in your home, it’s probably the bathroom that’s most often used by guests. As such, it’s an opportunity to charm and delight, and to make outsiders feel welcome in your home. It doesn’t take much, just a few thoughtfully-placed items will do the trick.
Not sure where to start? We have a few suggestions:
- Special hand towels
- Leave embroidered hand towels out for guests. They can be monogrammed with your initials, or a seasonal motif that can be changed out a few times each year. The touch of luxury will feel like a special treat.
- There’s nothing worse than a smelly bathroom. Ensure everyone has a lovely experience in your powder room by including a bowl of potpourri or a reed diffuser. Our favorite is Lafco’s Champagne scent.
- Soft lighting
- Add a small lamp to your countertop and leave it turned on, so that guests can find their way. Alternatively, leave sconces on at a dim setting. These cast an inviting glow, while also preventing blind searches for light switches.
- Give people something to look at! You have a captive audience; take advantage by showcasing favorite prints or curios.
- Extra toilet paper
- Stash extra toilet paper in a logical spot. Don’t make guests rifle through drawer after drawer. Keep them in an obvious (but tucked away) place for quick and easy access.
- Be bold
- We’ve said it before, but a powder room is a perfect opportunity to experiment with wallpaper. It’s a small space so it won’t be a pricy venture, and you can really take a risk in a space that will only be visited for a few minutes at a time.
Do you feel more prepared now? Let us know how it goes! And if your powder room needs more help than hand towels can offer, get in touch — we’d love to help.