Winter days are nearly gone and spring is in the air. This time of year is a great time to head somewhere warm, grab some shorts and a sleeveless shirt and relax by the beach. A great time to take a break, and start looking forward to what Summer can bring.
The beach with its casual colors and feel makes us feel relaxed and inspired. A towel, a good book and some sunglasses is all you really need.
For some of us going on a trip for Spring Break, its possible we will want to bring the feeling of fun and sun back home with us. There are a few ways to bring that feeling into your home all year round.
- A lot of beach style places use dark wood floors to give that weathered feel.
- Clean white walls give a feeling of calm and relaxation.
- Ceilings covered with a glossy beadboard reflect light back into the room, and give a beach cottage feel.
- Rugs made from natural fiber remind us of shipyards and docks.
- Furniture upholstered in white or ivory carry the easy breezy feeling all the way through your home.
- If it’s too much white, use some throw pillows with bold cabana stripes to break it up.
image via Susan Currie Design