As a color consultant, I have found that when I am contacted by people about their plans for décor color choices they are often filled with fantastic ideas, but unsure of the steps to implement their bold desires. And that is where the fun begins!
Keep these five tips in mind:
- We will be working closely with one another to develop the color palette that matches your dreams. First we will start by discovering what colors appeal to your tastes and what you want to avoid.
- It helps if you have items to show me, such as a rug, a tapestry or even your own color swatches that you have been considering. Don’t be shy.
- Be open to suggestions. This is where many people get hung up.
- We want it to be right, so we may have to paint your walls with samples of the colors we are considering. Prepare yourself for the samples.
- The process is a collaboration, so let your ideas fly. Include furniture, paneling, trim and other accents that will make a difference in your decisions.